What is Referral Marketing Actually?
It's a process of leveraging partners, customers and influencers for direct and indirect targeted lead generation at scale.
According to Wikipedia: Referral marketing is the method of promoting products or services to new customers through referrals, usually word of mouth. Such referrals often happen spontaneously but businesses can influence this through appropriate strategies.
How does a referral program work?
Your business is unique, which means you need to build your own unique referral program. There’s no sense in applying a one-size-fits-all approach, you have to build your program targeted specifically to your audience.
Here are a few example headlines and referral slogans that you can spruce up and make your own.
- Share with your friends and get $10
- Refer and You Shall Recieve
- Let’s Help Each Other Out
- Give $100, get $100 for yourself
- It’s How We Say… Thanks!
- Share the Love
- Spread the love, and get $25 when your friends sign up
- Help us Help You
- Invite your friends and earn a free ride
- Call on your friends to help, you both can earn $10
Few Ways to Effectively Promote Referral Programs
- Use targeted email marketing.
- Build social sharing into the referral program (aka create social proof) Strategically place it on your homepage.
- Make call outs for the referral program on products or sign up pages.
- Create a special and unique referral program page.
Grow your business with ABIT!
Get Your Free Proposal
Enter your details and we'll call you back when it suits you.